A delicious low-carb tomato frittata perfect for breakfast or lunch. Pair with sliced avocados, baked cauliflower, or a simple arugula salad.
When I’m pressed for time, this tomato frittata is my go-to low-carb, protein-filled meal option. If you need a good meal prep idea, this egg recipe is a good place to start. The best part about this frittata is that it also makes a beautiful brunch item.
What is a frittata?
Frittata is an Italian dish that resembles a crustless quiche or a Spanish omelet containing vegetables and meat. Typically cooked in a pan until firm but soft on the top. It is then cut into slices or served folded like an omelet.
Are frittatas low-carb?
The short answer is yes, but it depends on what added ingredients are added to the egg mixture. Chopped leans meats and vegetables like tomatoes, asparagus, or zucchini are great low-carb ingredients to use in this frittata recipe.
What should you serve with frittata?
You can serve this low-carb tomato frittata on its own or serve smaller slices with a side salad, steamed vegetables, half of an avocado, or my favorite air fryer green beans.
You’ll enjoy 4 meals from this recipe!
Ingredients for Low-Carb Tomato Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- Heavy cream
- Real mayonnaise
- Roma tomato
- Basil leaves
- Shredded Parmesan
- Salt and black pepper
- Granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- Red pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper)
- Olive oil or avocado oil
How to make Low-Carb Tomato Frittata
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs with cream, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Grease a cast-iron skillet with olive oil.
- Pour mixture into pan and arrange tomato slices, olive halves, and basil on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle is firm but slightly soft to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let the tomato frittata stand for 7-10 minutes. Cut into 4 equal portions and serve with your favorite cooked vegetables. or side salad.
- Store leftover low-carb tomato frittata in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Low-Carb Tomato Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 3 basil leaves cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of granulated garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs with cream, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Stir in parmesan.
- Grease a medium-sized (10"-12") cast-iron, or oven safe skillet with oil.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan and arrange tomato slices and basil on top.
- Bake frittata for 25-30 minutes or until the middle has set firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let it stand for 7-10 minutes. Cut into 4 equal portions and serve.
- Store leftover frittata in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.